We’re The Big Marlin Group – a Marketing Solutions Company based in Gilbert, Arizona specializing in finding marketing solutions that produce BIG results for local and national companies.
We’re growing and looking for a smart, driven and creative Account Manager. The ideal team member would bring 3-5 years of agency level account management experience with excellent project management and people skills. The account manager acts as a link between clients and the agency and is responsible for managing marketing/advertising campaigns, both traditional and digital, and communicating clearly to all those involved. As our agency continues to grow, you’ll have a unique opportunity to grow and help shape our team. The ideal candidate has basic knowledge and experience in the areas of digital, social, web, SEO, PPC, and traditional marketing as well as experience working in an agency environment. You’ll be responsible for managing accounts locally and nationally who have the need and want to market their business.
Those looking for growth opportunity and to gain valuable marketing experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply.
This position is full or part-time and based in Gilbert, AZ and you must work from the office during regular business hours.
If you like a team oriented, crazy fun environment then continue reading below.
- Understand clients’ needs and objectives and work closely with them throughout campaigns, often daily.
- Manage communication with client and clearly communicate client requests using tracking (workflow) software; carefully reviewing/proofing and confirming that changes were completed as requested.
- Manage administrative and campaign work to ensure that consistency of the production process and that deadlines and internal budgets are met on time and on budget.
- Work with BMG team and customers to define social media and digital advertising plans and objectives, ensure adherence to budget and that expectations are met.
- Collect and analyze Web metrics, such as visits, time on site, page views per visit, transaction volume and revenue, traffic mix, click-through rates, conversion rates, cost per acquisition, or cost per click.
- Think creatively, meet and collaborate with clients to discuss and identify their requirements.
- Provide guidance and direction to Project Coordinators in servicing account, as appropriate.
- Assist other Team members in daily tasks as requested.
- Work with the VP of Business Development, GM, creative and other staff to assist with the formulation of marketing strategies.
- Act as the link between the client and BMG by maintaining regular contact with both and ensuring that communication flows effectively.
- Handle budgets, manage campaign costs and communicate client invoice amounts to Office Manager for billing purposes.
- Facilitate production schedules in conjunction with Production Team.
- Issuing of weekly status reports, timelines and other reporting tools.
- Create and coordinate client reports and marketing plans.
- Monitor the effectiveness of campaigns via report measurement tools and offer alternative solutions.
- Arrange and facilitate meetings as needed, some could require out-of-state travel.
- Help with conducting research on prospective clients, industries and issues as needed.
- Make pitches along with other BMG sales team to win new business.
- Minimum education of Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or closely related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years in account service in an advertising agency
- Highly organized and able to effectively handle multiple tasks, details and demands simultaneously
- Professional, assertive manner and ability to instill confidence in and lead clients
- Willingness to support other account executives, traffic, production and creative as the needs arise in real time
- Demonstrate ability to translate conceptual ideas and complex client feedback into coherent and actionable creative requests
- Strong written and oral communications skills and ability to comprehend technical products
- Strong client service mindset
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to keep both internal and external team members on task
- Strong computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat for proofing
- Ability/willingness come in early or stay late, as the need arises
- A flexible attitude with the ability work hard and have fun at the same time
Pay DOE; Employees are paid healthcare, dental, and vision benefits; Paid Time Off; 401k Plan Options; Flexible Hours
How to Apply:
- Include your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’d like to be part of the Big Marlin team and why we should hire you